12:53 AM

Paxson/Holmes Award

















The first Audible Heisman is the Paxson/Holmes Award.  This award is given out to the song that most embodies the feeling of pain or loss.  I especially enjoy 'pain' songs because of the raw emotion that is usually involved in the experience of the song (past winners include 'Hurt' by Johnny Cash & 'Blowers Daughter' by Damien Rice).  While putting the links on the 2 names of the award, I still could not even watch them because of the stress they cause.  Somehow seeing them makes it worse, even though, I could never erase the memories from my mind.  This year's winner scratches me right where I itch, not only is it a painful subject, but its sung so sweetly.  Easily, one of my favorite nominations.  Without further ado, this years winner of the Paxson/Holmes Award is...



If I Die Young- The Band Perry







Stay tuned, coming up next is the Microwave Award

0 comments: