8:31 PM

Jordan Knight Award






















This award goes to the best new artist aka the best new kid on the block.  Many people don't know this bout me, but I have very serious opinions about NKOTB.  Ask any real fan & they'll tell you that Jordan Knight is the prize at the bottom of the Cracker Jack box.  I got mad love for Joey, for obvious reasons. Danny was just dumb; Danny, you're not tough, you're in a boy band.  Donnie was kind of the leader of the group who went on to be a E list character actor.  He also had a very short stint as a horrible rapper.  Jonathan & Jordan Knight were the brains behind the 'music' & choreography.  Jordan made a 6 day comeback in '99 with 'Give It To You' (sad to say, I actually had this single) which I believe made it even possible to have the renaissance of NKOTB.  Jordan had the leading man looks that Jonathan never had, hence best new kid (send all hate mail to my 2 sisters who indoctrinated me, against my will, to the stylings of NKOTB).  With all that in mind, the Jordan Knight Award goes to...






Nicki Minaj



Nicki Minaj had a monster year!!! She dropped one of the most anticipated albums in music this past year.  She's brings it harder than most dudes a la Foxy Brown.  She's cute & weird.  She stole pretty much every track she collab'd on (i.e. Bedrock, My Chick Bad etc).  For some reason I really dig her vibe & her flow.  She's got some great mentors in Drake & Lil' Wayne to push her to keep getting better so she'll be a name for a while to come.  Up next is the Blue Light Special Award.

0 comments: