2:10 PM

Beverly Hills 90210 Award


















This Audible Heisman goes to the song that you know is objectively horrible, indulgent, you make fun of it, but you listen to it and hate yourself for it, but in the end you love it and can't stop yourself from belting it out.  Just so we are clear, this award is dubbed in honor (is that the right word...?) of the original show, not the travesty that is on CW right now.  I have a love/hate relationship with the winner of this award.  I can respect the talent and the good business sense but I generally dislike the overall persona and the vibe the artist puts out there.  It just seems really gimmicky and is churning a generation of people who, I fear, will not really think for themselves and try sooooo hard to be different and unique that they'll be carbon copies of the artist, hence not different or unique.  If you desire so much to be different and unique, then I'd suggest really diggin' in to how God has wired you and express that.  Since God is so multifaceted, He makes all His image bearers different, unique and special.  With that said, the Beverly Hills 90210 Award goes to...



Lady Gaga- 'Bad Romance'



I can't stop myself from loving this song!  Believe me, I've tried really, really hard but I can't deny it.  I think it translates so well to so many people, cause we all know what its like when we just desire really stupid things.  We know its not good for us, we know its gonna end bad, but we just want it.  Stay tuned, the Ike Turner Award is next. 

0 comments: