11:56 PM

Ike Turner Award






















This Audible Heisman is awarded to the song with the sickest, nastiest, heavy-hitting beat.  This song, just made it in the '10 deadline, but I'm so glad it did.  I love this song for many, many reasons, here are just a few: 
01. After a large quantity of aight leaks/releases, its quite refreshing to get a reminder of why I love this artist.
02. Its wordplay and flow match the intensity of the beat.
03. Great, great sample (but you most likely remember it from this awesome late '80s delight).
04. The first time I heard this song was very shortly followed by the 7th and 13th time I heard this song. 

The Ike Turner Award goes to...

Lil Wayne- 6' 7'



Best of his, by far, since 'A Milli' & 'Lollipop'.  Songs like this remind me why I feel in love with music in the first place.  Like I said, ridiculous flow! 'life is a b!tc#, and death is her sister/ sleep is the cousin, what a f-ckin' family picture/ you know father time, we all know mother nature/ it's all in the family, but I am of no relation/ no matter who's buying, I'm a celebration/ black and white diamonds, f-ck segregation' & 'talking to myself because I am my own consultant/ married to the money, f-ck the world, that's adultery/ you full of sh-t, you close your mouth and let yo a$$ talk/ young Money eating, all you haters do is add salt/ stop playing, b!tc#, I got this game on deadbolt/ mind so sharp, I f-ck around and cut my head off'.  Are you serious!!!!!  The Brussels Sprouts Award is forthcoming.

0 comments: