4:56 AM

Worship Run-ons

I was rereading the Old Testament of my life aka my journal, and i ran across something that i'd like to share. Its called a glory rant. Just think of the most glorious things you can and attribute them to the goodness of God and voila (someone better give me props on the correct spelling of that)!


Glory


Glory or Kabod in the original

Heavy is the glory of the Creator and King

Massively engulfing the universe with this Kabod

Delicacies where the cake and the icing are equally enjoyable

Peaches with the core as edible and succulent as the outer

Midday skies lavender, midnight skies baby blue

Inside jokes never ending, intimacy unadulterated

Explaining the who, whats and why they are there

When? Always! How? Who cares!

Dancing, spinning, laughing, falling, crying, loving

Frittering days away in the Glory

GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!! GGGLLLLLOOOOORRRRRYYY!!!!!!!

Acclamation, proclamation, propitiation, sanctification--

Glory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Throne gathering, table sitting, bearing the cross-ing, everything-ing

Glory!!!!!!!!!

First day, last day; all the same day glory, glory, glory.

The reason the earth spins and the caterpillar becomes a butterfly.

Better than raindrops on roses or whiskers on kittens.

Satisfyingest everlasting happiness enduringest unequivocable.

Glory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glory!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glory!!!!!!!!!!!!


<><

2 comments:

MarioManifesto said...

Joe, I dig it, bro. You're a language revolutionary, unafraid to break the rules. Right on. I particularly appreciated the -est suffixes on words that were already adjectives but benefited from rhyming with "happiness." Way to be a lexical commander.

"Satisfyingest everlasting happiness enduringest unequivocal."
--it sings...

viola! Keep it up!

Angela said...

Oh my goodness--I too loved it! My favorite part from a writer's standpoint (not that I am one) was the part about what makes the earth spin and how a caterpillar turns into a butterfly, because a caterpillar spins a cacoon--it was just cool. And I loved the ref. to the Sound of Music. But stylistic praise aside--I totally got your mood and drift and loved it! I went there with you! And it challenged me!!!! Thank you for this post Joe.