2:37 AM

Good A$$ Blog Post





















Once again, my boy Yeezy has made me love & want to become like Jesus!  I shouldn't be so surprised by now...

I received 2 texts today that made me think of a metaphor bout my love for Kanye (which is only exceeded by his love for Kanye) & God's love for his own glory. 

As with all metaphors, do not dissect past authorial intent.



The first text was a mass text asking for help moving.  It'll probably be a diversion from my very busy day, but I'm big & could do it.  This is the equivalent of the self interest prayers I can often throw up.  They don't really serve the one I'm asking, but I've tried all other options & the one I'm asking is capable of help, so I toss it out there.  

The second text, is from my almost ex-roomie (insert tear here) asking if he can snag Graduation from me.  No brainer!  I stopped what I was doing & burned him a copy of the CD.  Not only did I burn him the CD, but I put all three bonus tracks on there as well, from the separate releases of the CD & double checked that I had the track order correct.  It gives me the greatest delight to share what I love most (music, especially my favorite artist).  This is the equivalent of the Gospel soaked, God centric prayers that I should pray (more often).  This type of prayer seeks to know the essence of God & tap into his biggest interest, namely Himself & His renown. 

When you approach prayer to God the first way, you can often find yourself knockin out the list.  This sucks, that sucks, I want this, I need that, etc.  The second approach is so much more enjoyable.  Its almost rhetorical prayer, in a sense.  God, please glorify yourself today.  God, please make yourself the center of every thought/action/emotion I have today.  God, please make your incarnate life, death, & resurrection & your promise of restoration so real to me today.  Whats God gonna say, ummm, I don't know if I can do that...(imagine God, with a sheepish, contemplative look, shrugging his shoulders, holding his hands out like a scale, weighing the options).  Thats God's thing.  That's His deal.  He is so ecstatic to do those very things & WILL do those very things ultimately & finally to all of his children when He chooses to usher in the restoration.  Where the metaphor breaks down, is when we do throw up those weak sauce first text prayers to God, He's patient with us & is the ultimate good father who loves to give His children good things.  He provides everything we need (and in this country, soooo much more) & actually derives joy in doing so.  So, I can learn from my Father & go help my friends move with a heart filled with love & freedom, not begrudgingly or to fulfill some vain self-righteousness. 

I'm still so awed at the way He is.  I'm so glad that he allows me to get to know Him at all & be a part of His ultimate, glory seeking task of redeeming Himself a people, made up of every people to dwell with Him in His restored, perfect creation.  Freakin sick!

1 comments:

Dave C. said...

You'll be happy to know I just picked up his latest on Amazon for a grand total of $0.99 after holiday discounts. Boom! It explodes my senses.