1:17 AM

iGrace

Sorry Chris, I hope you didn't patent the i thing on the blogs.


So let me tell you what grace is. I'm sittin' in a very comfortable plane seat on my way back from Minnesota. I got the iPod rockin', this particular time, it happened to be The Wreckers "Leave The Pieces" when all of a sudden, it just stops. I do the reset thing, and the black apple comes up and i'm like yeah. Then, it goes to a white screen with a picture of an iPod with a frown and it had a support url under it. The next day, i go to the Apple store, and they communicate to me that their product works just long enough to exceed the warranty then it breaks and their is nothing i can do. For someone to take away my music, is like someone take away my life. I felt my world crumbling apart. God checked me, told me to get over it and praised God for the fact that I'm his child and that in the bigger of the schemes, it really doesn't matter. Two weeks later, one of my homies comes over (after i just had bailed on him to help him move a friend) and he gives me a brand new 30 GB iPod. That my friends is grace. Four of my very best friends all pitched in and got me a new iPod. I don't have to have an iPod. It is very much a luxury item (although, i would pick music over food, drink, or shelter every day of the week). Most of the world lives on maybe 3 of my songs from itunes for their whole days wage. My boys showed me just how extravagant grace is. We don't deserve it. We aren't owed it. We just get it. Kinda like my iPod (which I dubbed Optimus Ipod). I don't deserve it. I am not owed it. What I'm trippin' on is, that in this horrible, fallen world, where Jesus is not yet glorified as he should be, and i'm showed this kind of grace... how f-in' amazing is Heaven gonna be. Praise the King who is coming back for his bride very soon.


<><

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i likes. thx.